Pomegranate and Coffee
Chocolate Chip Cookies
A new in-house favorite, these cookies have a burst of flavor that comes from whole pomegranate seeds mixed with chocolate chips and (of course) coffee. This creative combination comes from the kitchen of food scientist Katie Rosenberg.
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 50 grams lights brown sugar
- 57 grams butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 96 grams strong white flour
- 8 grams finely ground coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 43 grams pomegranate seeds
- 80 grams dark chocolate chunks
1. Cream the two sugars together with the butter.
2. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix into the creamed mixture.
4. Fold in the chocolate and pomegranate seeds.
5. Put the batter into the fridge for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
6. Roll the dough into small balls and flatten them out slightly on the top.
7. Put the cookies onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
8. Bake at 180C/fan 160C gas 4 or 8-10 minutes.